Privacy & Terms
- Welcome to www.covingtonfabric.com (the “Site”), the website of Covington Fabric & Design, LLC (“Covington” or “we”).
- By accessing this website or using any products or property of Covington, whether or not on this website, you agree to be bound by the terms stated herein. Covington retains all and exclusive rights to all of its property, including but not limited to all images and writings shown on this website. You must not reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute or display any of such property without first obtaining the written permission of Covington. Certain of its property is protected by trademark and copyright laws. None of Covington’s property may be used in any unauthorized manner or subjected to any unauthorized use.
- To maintain and operate the Site, we work with various third-party service providers who help us operate the Site (“Service Providers”). Examples of Service Providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services or content for hosting the Site, sending email, analyzing the operation of the Site and data generated by user activity (site analytics), research, providing customer service, and processing payment information.
Data Controller and Processor
- Covington owns the Site and is the “data controller” and also a “data processor” of PII collected and used on the Site as that term is used in the field of privacy law.
- Covington is a Delaware limited liability with an address at 1341 Nazareth Church Road, Ste. 101, Spartanburg, SC 29301. We can also be reached at email@example.com.
- If you are the citizen or resident of a country other than the United States, and if you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at one of these addresses.
Collection of PII on the Site
- If you click on the link to “Become a Customer,” we will ask you for your company name, address, Tax ID/EIN, email address and phone number.
- If you sign up for our email list, your email address will go to our email Service Provider.
- If you “contact us” by email, we will have whatever PII is in your email.
Use (processing) of PII
- We use your PII to create an account for your company. Once your account has been opened, we will use your PII to accept or fulfill orders or respond to questions you may have about our products or your orders.
- If you have signed up for our email list, our email Service Provider we will use your PII to send you emails about our products and services.
- We will use your email to send you emails confirming your orders.
- We will use your phone number to contact you only if you ask us to contact you by phone.
Legal bases for processing your PII
- We rely on a number of legal bases to process your PII:
- The contract we enter into with you if you place an order.
- Our legitimate interests in providing and improving the Site, including offering you content and advertising that may be of interest to you and keeping the Site safe and secure.
- Legal obligations to which we may be subject, such a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order or to exercise or defend legal claims.
Disclosure of PII to third parties
- Service Providers. We or you may provide your PII to our Service Providers. The Service Providers’ access to your PII is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform their limited functions.
- Disclosure for legal reasons
- If we engage in a merger, acquisition, disposition, change of control, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding, or otherwise transfers the operations of the Site that relates to your PII, we will transfer your PII to the successor entity.
- Your rights under California law. If you are a California resident, and you want to find out whether we have sold or rented your PII and the names of any information brokers to whom we have sold or rented your PII for direct marketing purposes during the past calendar year, under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code §§ 1798.83 & 22575 et seq., send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and within thirty (30) days, we will provide you with that information.
Other kinds of identifying information collected. There are various ways in which we or our Service Providers may collect information that is not PII (“Non-PII”) as a result of your use of the Site, all of which may be associated with other information we have about your use of the Site.
- Device information. When you access the Site, we may collect information about your device, including IP address, browser information (including referring URL), and cookie information. Our Company utilizes "cookies," which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies themselves do not contain any personally identifiable information other than noting a repeat visit from a specific computer
Opting out of tracking
- Disabling cookies generally. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools may prevent us from tracking your activities in relation to the Site, but it also may disable some of the features available on the Site.
“Do Not Track” Signals
- With some browsers, it is possible for a user to activate a “Do Not Track” signal, to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked across the websites that the user visits.
- The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. In other words, if you have activated a Do Not Track signal in your own browser, the Site will not block tracking by Google, its affiliates, or anyone else of your activity on the Site.
Management of PII
- To keep your PII accurate, current, and complete, you can log in to your own account or contact us at email@example.com.
Storage of information
- We will keep your PII unless and until you ask us to delete it. To ask us to delete your PII, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We dispose of your PII by deleting it from the Site database.
Transfer of information
- We may transfer information that we collect about you, including PII, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
- If you are located in the European Union or other regions whose laws governing data collection and use may differ from the laws of the United States, please note that we may transfer information, including PII, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of such information to the U.S. or any other country in which we or our service providers operate or maintain facilities.
- We use SSL certificates to protect your PII as you transmit it from your computer to the Site and to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also use site monitoring and intrusion detection scans along with monthly Site security scans to prevent attacks, and our hosting company also takes certain precautions. But no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Be careful about sending us any confidential information, and keep secure any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features that you use on the Site.
Protection of information
- You are responsible for maintaining the privacy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your communications from the Site at all times.
- Your PII will be stored in secure third-party data centers. Nevertheless, we cannot (i) ensure or warrant the security of any PII that is transmitted or collected when you use the Site or (ii) guarantee that information stored on or transmitted through the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If any PII under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation, and where appropriate, we will notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- We do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
- If you are a parent and you become aware that your child has provided us with PII without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take steps to remove such information and close the child’s account.
Contact information, management, correction and deletion of PII
- You can change any of your PII that you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with applicable data protection law, you may have the right to request that we disclose (1) the categories of your PII that we have collected; (2) the sources from which the information was collected; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the information; (4) categories of third parties with whom we share the information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected.
- In accordance with applicable data protection law, you also may have the right to (i) access PII that we have about you; (ii) have your PII corrected or deleted or provided to you in a portable, and to the extent technically feasible, format that allows you to transmit your PII to a third party; (iii) in certain circumstances, object to our processing of your PII; (iv) withdraw consent previously provided; (v) in certain circumstances, request that your PII be transferred to a Service Provider, where feasible; or (vi) if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection law, lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or have any other questions about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Links to third-party sites
- Prior versions: None.